I never win anything, an unfortunate truth. Get nominated for an award? Even more rare. So, this is extra special and I am so grateful that other bloggers thought that my barely-a-blog-yet blog was worth nominating!
From what I understand, the Liebster Award is a way for bloggers that are either just starting out or never really took off to get their name out to other bloggers. This is perfect for me! So, here goes nothing!
Liebster Award Rules and Requirements
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
Eleven facts about me.
- I am a Junior at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY studying Hotel administration.
- I love running. So far, I’ve completed two full marathons and a half marathon.
- Sports movies are my favorite. They inspire me. Friday Night Lights, especially.
- I love a good chick flick, though. Any movie that has me crying by the end is most likely deemed a good movie in my book.
- I can fall asleep almost anywhere (which can sometimes be inconvenient). At parties, in the car, in the library, at the dinner table…
- I’m a huge romantic and I believe in true love.
- I don’t like bacon. I know, it’s weird.
- Chicken Pot Pie is my favorite food. It’s so bad for your body, but so good for your soul.
- I am obsessed with weddings. One day, I may consider being a wedding planner. Bridezillas, here I come!
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Food, family, and fall..what more could you want?
- I am studying abroad in Florence, Italy in less than three weeks! And, I’m going to culinary school there! I can’t wait to have countless amazing culinary adventures.
Questions I was asked.
From Foodie Trapped in a Dorm:
- What cake do you choose for your birthday? Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream cake. I’d take ice cream over cake any day, so to combine the two with some delicious “crunchies” in the middle is my perfect cake.
- Describe what your dream kitchen looks like. Colors? Appliances? Organization? Honestly, I’ve been creating my dream kitchen for years and I don’t think I’ll really know what I want it to look like until I’m in my own house. I know I want a lot of granite countertops, cabinet space, a fun colored Kitchenaid mixer, lots of natural light, and a nice wine refrigerator. A girl’s gotta have good, cool wine at any given time!
- What is your favorite movie involving food? Have any recommendations? Julie & Julia really got the idea of food blogging started for me and I’ve always loved Julia Child. So, I would have to say that one’s my favorite.
- What is one food you can not stand? Besides bacon, kiwi. But only because I’m allergic. I actually love how it tastes.
- Name the weirdest food or food combo you like. Peanut Butter and Goldfish. I love sweet and salty. And peanut butter makes everything taste better.
- What is your favorite restaurant? A little place by my hometown called The Office Beer Bar & Grill. I’ve gone there since I could remember and their house-made honey mustard is the best honey mustard I’ve ever had.
- What is your favorite food magazine? Food & Wine, super generic and classic, but their photography skills make anything look good.
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Three years ago, I would’ve said dinner without a question. But, lately I’ve been loving pancakes or omelettes at any time of day. I think I still love dinner the most, but I’m not discriminatory at all against the other two.
- What dish do you make that you are always proud to share with others? Enchiladas. Just made them again the other day (the post is soon to come..) and remember how much everyone loves them! They’re super easy to dish up, not a piece of cake to make but they’re not too difficult either. And I don’t think they’re that bad for you, health-wise, either.
- Do you plan your week’s meals or just make whatever sounds good each day? I usually make whatever sounds good. I’m not going to lie, sometimes I spend all day thinking about what I’m going to make myself for dinner. But, it’s not usually planned that far in advance.
- What is your dream job? Wedding planning. Or interior design.
From Tales From a 20-Something’s Kitchen:
- You suddenly remember you have a party to go to. It’s a potluck so you have to bring something. It’s in two hours. What’s your go to dish? Go. Spinach dip with Pumpernickel Bread
- I have to ask it. What’s your favorite movie? SUCH a hard question! The Parent Trap? A real classic.
- You are only allowed to eat three food items for the rest of your life. What are they? Peanut butter & banana sandwiches, pretzel crisps, and hummus.
- Current addiction? (Food or otherwise?) Chicago Fire. Best show on television right now.
- You are allowed to make a meal with your favorite celebrity. Who are they, what do you make with them, and why? I would invite Carrie Underwood over to make whatever she wants. I’m not picky and I trust her judgment. I aspire to be strong, beautiful, and successful like she is.
- What is your “cooking personality”? For example, I sing and dance around like an idiot, all while cooking. Are you like me, are you very serious and focused, or somewhere in between? I guess somewhere in between. I loveee to sing and dance, but sometimes I get in the zone. I take food seriously, but definitely know how to have fun with it!
- I’m going to steal this from my questions. Because it is very important. Tea or Coffee? Tea. I love chai or green tea at any time of day. It’s warm, delicious, soothing, and doesn’t require sugar or milk like coffee does.
- Biggest kitchen disaster? I was running late for my friend’s birthday party and was baking her her favorite cookies (a secret recipe of mine). I was upstairs in my room while they were cooking and forgot all about them. They were practically charcoal when I finally went downstairs and realized they were still in the oven! It was a very sad moment.
- Biggest kitchen success? Probably one of the first times I can remember cooking dinner for my whole family, I made this Rachael Ray recipe. It took a lot longer than it should have because I didn’t really have the knife skills or experience just yet. But, I can still vividly remember the explosion of flavors I was able to produce. Everyone LOVED it and demanded I cook more often. That’s kind of where it all started!
- Guilty pleasure? (Also food or otherwise) The Pretty Little Liars book series. No, I’m not 15. Yes, they are great books.
- Pick your favorite inspirational quote. Can be about anything. “It’s a beautiful day, don’t let it get away.” – U2 It was my quote in my yearbook when I graduated high school and truly describes my ideology. Plus, who doesn’t love a good U2 song every now and then?
From oh so decadent:
- If you could travel to one country just to eat, which one would you choose and why? Greece. I love Mediterranean food, especially Greek, and I’ve heard their markets are unreal.
- What was the most impressive dish you have ever made? My Cabernet Braised Short Ribs (which I just made a few weeks ago) and probably the most impressive I can think of. They were so good!
- What is one ingredient you could never live without? Pepper. I put it on a lottt of things, and it really makes everything taste better.
- Name one thing about your kitchen that you love and one thing you wish you could change. I love the counter space and the spice drawer. I don’t like how far the sink is from the stove and how far the fridge is from well..everything.
- Who is your biggest inspiration for your food blog? Honestly, foodgawker.com. And myself. And my mom.
- When you’re too exhausted to cook or bake, what store-bought food do you immediately grab? Turkey Avalanche Wrap from my local deli. It’s so good! Turkey, Cole slaw, russian dressing in a wrap. YUM
- What is the number one food that you crave? Peanut butter. Any hour of the day.
- If you could trade places for a day with a celebrity chef, who would it be and why? Julia Child. She did what she wanted how she wanted it done, and taught everyone how to do it in the process. And she’s just awesome.
- If you had the choice that either all of your dishes would clean themselves after you finished cooking or that every recipe you made would come out perfectly, which would you choose and why? Dishes would clean themselves. Hands down. I have no energy once I’m done cooking and eating and cleaning dishes is the last thing I want to do. Plus, making recipes that don’t come out perfectly is how you learn to be a better cook!
- What is your fondest childhood food memory? Fish sticks with my dad. That’s weird, I know, and I actually hate how they taste. But, when my mom wasn’t home, that was the only thing he would ever make and I remember laughing with him and my brother at dinner every time. I love thinking about those times.
- Tea or coffee? Already answered this above, but I’ll honor it for sure! Tea every time, no question!
Questions for my nominees.
- What is your favorite city for culinary adventuring?
- Sweet or salty?
- If you could be one person, who would it be and why?
- What is the one kitchen gadget you can’t live without?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What was your most recent discovery? (Food-related or otherwise)
- If you could receive a $500 gift card to any store/restaurant, where would it be and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (super cliche question, I know)
- What is your favorite type of food?
- If you were to have a dinner party and could only invite your five favorite people in the whole world, who would you invite?
- What’s one recipe you can’t wait to make again?
I am kind of new to this, so I don’t have 11 blogs 😦 And this is no order, I promise.
- Cook AZ I Do
- In Pursuit of Fitness
- A Mouthful of Taste
- Cinnamon Cilantro
- Crew Cuisine
Thanks for reading! And thank you to the bloggers who nominated me 🙂